Looking to volunteer this year? Please sign up for a volunteer position below.
Room Reps are the "room parent" and facilitate communication between teachers
and parents throughout the year. Additionally, our teachers need volunteers for
many other activities. Any volunteer positions that are classroom based require
VIP status. If you aren't a VIP yet, you can get more information here: https://www.lbschools.net/Departments/Parent_U/vips.cfm
● Lead Classroom Room Rep: Serves as the key classroom parent/teacher liaison who helps make sure classroom activities have volunteers, parents know about upcoming activities, and that classes have rosters. Timing: ongoing throughout the school year.
● Holiday Party: Coordinates a classroom holiday party, working with the teacher and other parents. Timing: Holiday parties are the in December.
● Room Finance: Helps to set and collect the classroom budget and handles money/provides reimbursement from class funds for classroom expenses. Timing: ongoing.
● Special Education Support: Provides volunteer support as needed in Special Day Classes and activities. Timing: approximately one hour per month.
● Garden Lesson VIPS Coordinator and 4 VIPS: Coordinates the classroom Garden Lesson VIPS schedule, working with the teacher and other parents. Timing: ongoing throughout the school year.
● *Pizza/Movie Nights (Fall & Spring): Helps set up, serve and/or clean up on the two Lowell Pizza Nights, or solicits classroom volunteers to do so. Timing: The dates are TBD in Fall and Spring.
● Meet the Masters Coordinator: Coordinates classroom parent volunteers for monthly artists lessons with support from Meet the Masters Chair. Timing: ongoing throughout the school year.
● Jog-a-Thon: Creates class spirit banner displayed around the Jog-a-Thon track on campus, and volunteers and encourages parents to volunteer for Jog-a-Thon. Timing: Jog-a-Thon is in November. Please note, this position may be re-titled if a fundraising alternative is needed due to social distancing requirements.
● Book Fair (2 reps): Coordinates parent volunteer sign-ups for the twice yearly Lowell Book Fairs and volunteers as possible. Timing: Book Fairs are typically December and March.
● Spring Auction: Helps set up and work a shift at the annual Lowell Spring Auction and/or solicits classroom parents to do so, and encourages parents to attend the Spring Auction. Timing: Spring Auction date is TBD.
● Spring Auction Basket: Creates a “basket” of items as the classroom’s contribution to the Spring Auction, selects a “theme” for basket items, and solicits donations of items or purchases them with classroom funds. Timing: Spring Auction date is TBD.
● Science Fair: Helps during school hours to help set up or take down the Science Fair exhibits, or to monitor classroom visits. Timing: Science Fair is TBD in March.
● Earth Day: Volunteers and/or solicits parent volunteers to set up, clean up and participate in the Lowell Earth Day celebrations. Timing: After school in April..
● Carnival Booth: Manages the classroom volunteers for the annual Lowell carnival and encourages parents to sign up for a booth shift. Timing: Carnival is in May.
● Carnival Basket: Creates a “basket” of items as the classroom’s contribution to the Carnival’s silent auction, selects a “theme” for basket items, and solicits donations of items or purchases them with classroom funds. Timing: Carnival is in May.
● Teacher Appreciation Week: Coordinates Teacher Appreciation Week activities, such as gifts, thank you notes and meals for the teacher. Timing: 1st week of June.
● End of Year Party: Coordinates the classroom End of Year party, working with the teacher and other parents. Timing: End of Year Parties are in June. Please consider taking on a role this year, or sign up with a friend to share a position!
Tara Litt - Head Room Rep, firstname.lastname@example.org